View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
The Lower Wasteland is a name given to it by pretty much everyone in BC who doesn’t live there. The area is despised mostly because that is where the majority of people in BC live so provincial political parties, like the current NDP, are usually determined on how voting goes in the area, and that is usually the exact opposite to the rest of the province.

I agree there are some good points but $800,000 for a 3 bedroom town house out the valley and wall to wall people/traffic takes away from the good points in most people’s mind. Months of dreary weather doesn’t help either.

Every person I know that lived there couldn’t wait to get out and most have sold out now with the price of housing has skyrocketed due to mass out-of-country immigration to the area. Even if the house you lived in all your life gets passed down to you the property taxes will keep you in the poor house until you sell out and move.

My intention wasn’t to crap on your thread though. Glad you like it there. I’ve spent some time there and some of the fishing can be great. Drive out the valley and within 3 hours there are some great places for an outdoors minded person.
I see your current location says, Fort McMurray. I understand, no need to explain further.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures