View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Try to follow along Lefty.

The 15% harvest cap was set as a result of the number/percentage of bow hunters. 15% of Alberta hunters are bow hunters so they are entitled to 15% of the harvest according to ESRD. When that 15% harvest cap is exceeeded, the WMU goes on draw. They've started the process already for the past two years with elk and moose and are now moving on to mule deer. There's nothing really new here, they are just catching up with some house keeping.
LOL I get that TJ....I am not THAT dense lol.

What is this comment in reference to then?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
This has all been covered already in this thread. 15.86% of hunters in Alberta buy bow hunting permits. That's where the number comes from.
Who cares how many bow hunting permits are sold as a percentage of total hunters? or were you just pointing out that 15.85% of hunters now purchase bowhunting permit?.....it just happens that BOTH number are at 15%???

(I can use large font too )
I think the numbers they are basing this change off of are a bunch of horse hoooey.....I don't think they are real or representative! A voluntary survey is only accurate to the point of who decides to VOLUNTARILY answer it.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 06-25-2012 at 09:12 AM.