View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 224MV View Post
They probably lost the eclip when they took it off and didn’t bother giving you a new one. I’ve seen a few guys send them flying when taking them off.
The eclip was 100% gone before I brought it in, when it gave me issues I pulled the plastic case off and the clutch drum and sprocket was loosely goosey. I hadn’t taken it apart before as it was a pretty new machine so I honestly didn’t even know some of these parts existed until I did some research after I had brought it in. Between this thread and some of my own research I now have a fairly good idea of how this works and I am piecing it together what happened. It’s clear to me the eclip was missing, the bearing failure and destruction accounts for the metal falling out, now as far as the cause I can’t say with certainty what caused it, whether or not something got sucked in or if it was a straight failure of a part. Bare minimum I am very disappointed with Cervus equipment in Balzac with their diagnosis as they didn’t even mention these parts. As far as the warranty I’m also disappointed with stihl as they didn’t honour their warranty.