View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 02:03 PM

Man this is too bad. Hopefully Trees guy can set it right for a reasonable price.

Dealerships can be run by some nefarious individuals. One no longer in business/owned by a couple of individuals would sell equipment to certain black market entrepreneurs for cash claim ser# as stolen/lost then then when it broke they warranty repair it under Ser# of my { I upgraded many pcs of equipment that time} or someone else's above board purchase.
Took a machine in 3 months into warranty {Husquavarna} was told warranty denied going to cost XXX$ to fix by dealer. no reason given.
Phoned parent company was told by them warranty denied as it had been fixed for same thing and a couple of other things a couple of times already They said it was indicative of miss use so I told them. No first and only time its ever been in. I look after my stuff.
They investigated found a plethora of warranty claims many of them fraudulent. Got mine fixed at another reputable dealer no charge. Still was a PITA as potential earning time was lost and no recompense for that.

I own several saws and have dealt with many others POS through the years. Outfitters are really bad for junk saws.
Constantly amazed by how many random individuals think More {2 stroke oil } is better

A couple things I adhere to.

#1 Best to have your own saw.
#2 Do Not Lend it out.
#3 Mix #1 gas & prem oil no more than you think you will use for that day.
#4 Check oil twice as often as gas. Use summer and winter weight as needed
#5 Before use turn chain by hand.
#6 Once started before cutting test rev spin chain, check for oil spatter on light surface.