View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
Yes it is absolutely the way it is. There is no prerequisite for who can posess fish and game and only the person doing the hunting or fishing needs to be licensed to fish or hunt. You are not licensed to posess, you are licensed to fish and hunt. It's that simple. I have read the act and had many hours of conversations with CO's I hunted, fished, shot skeet with and worked with to ensure this is the law. Yes everyone in your household can be gifted up to a posession limit.

And to Keg, I am not out there breaking any laws or putting game species at risk of overharvest and my buddy does not need to lose his job for explaining the act in depth. He's actually doing his job the way it should be done when someobe has questions. Knowledge is a good thing. Ever hear a judge say "ignorance of the law is no excuse?" There is nothing more true than that statement. If you know what you are legally allowed you can't be blindsided by those who are ignorant of the law or those who would charge you knowing full well you are within your rights when you don't.
Pretty sure you would need more than one license holder in the household for the game in the household to claim a full possession for all occupants.

I have a wife and two kids....I cannot shoot enough for all four limits and store all 4 limits in my home claiming I gifted my wife and 2 kids a full individual limit EACH.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 09-02-2017 at 07:15 PM.