View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
So I guess my question to all the ppl that seem to be concerned with kids catching fish is would a statement like "we need to put that one back sweetie, its still a baby" make your child go balistic because they can't keep it? Do you plant a garden and let your kids start pulling the goods as soon as some green pops out of the ground? Or do you tell them to wait until they are ready to be picked? Its the same logic, let the fish grow so you can harvest a decent sized fish to eat. Children are not going to be upset about putting a fish back on their own, the adult is the one that will say its bad and stupid.

I see no problem with what some ppl are trying to do to create a better quality fishery(read more fish). Without these ppl being around we would have squat to fish because there are some ppl out there that believe they have to keep everything they catch(yes I have seen it happen before). Steps like this make sure that you at least have the chance to catch something. Without regs like this we would eventually be casting into a swimming pool. And if you don't think it can happen google Nile Perch and see what no regs does for a fishery.

Congrats to those stepping up, I know well what its like sticking your neck out for the majority.
people are not saying they dont want a better quality fishery, nor is anyone saying that you should keep everything you catch. what i am concerned about is that is this the right thing to do? who are we willing to hurt?(families), and if this will even work. what is the time frame for the reward of these changes? is this really the next step for our fisheries? cause i know of a few places that could probably use some help out too.(why does k lakes take priority) and if nobody is supposed to ask then why put it up on a forum at all? i am not going to support something without all the facts and info..who did the research and if its being done the right way.