View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
The fact of this post is this, two lakes with changed size restrictions, two lakes which Im sure most people on this forum dont frequent more than 3-5 times a year and Id be amazed if they do that much. I fish Lower K almost exclusively in the winter?? Why you ask??

Because of this.... Quality Fishing!

If your telling me that these proposed changes could open up the chances of me catching Rainbows or Cutts this size on what could be a half frequent basis at two lakes within 90 mins of my house. Good, wait actually thats GREAT. Alberta has enough put & take lakes that changes to these 2 should not effect anyone in some earth changing manner. If you don't like the proposed changes then there are plenty of other options within the same driving distance from your home.

I understand that some people don't like change, hell I don't like it. I remember when Lower K switched to a Bait Ban and when Alberta protected Bull Trout and I vowed I would never fish it again and that they were robbing me of a fishing experience well I can now tell you that without those changes my current favorite place to fish would not exist. Before you jump all over the change itself think of the positive outcome that may come from said changes and if your doubting how implemented restrictions will benefit you then take a day and head off to a place like Bullhead and hook into a 50cm+ Rainbow remember how great it was and think of the possibility of having more places to experience that.
Completely off topic, But I was told it is not safe at any time to ice fish Lower K. Apparently they randomly let water out with no warnings causing a huge gap between the ice and water, some times Ice-gap-ice-water.

Have you seen anything like that?

That is a sweet fish btw.