View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM

Welcome , That sounds like a great trip you have planned . If I could suggest to you , hitting places in the Rocky Mountains with some of the most beautiful backdrops one can lay there eyes on while your fishing . In Jasper which is about 4 hours West Of Edmonton , In Jasper national park , there's many lakes , rivers , streams one can fish . Of course you would require a national park fishing license $ 34.30 or 10 dollars a day .

here's a few links to check out

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/ab/ban...4a.aspx#jasper

There's also plenty of places to go in the Kananaskis country , lots of bears around so I suggest being extremely careful . Perhaps hiring a guide within the area would be a good start even for a day or two at any which location and they would be more than willing to inform you of the wildlife , cautions in the area to be aware of . An Alberta sport fishing license will cost you
$70.90 a year or $47.63 for 5 days .

If you send me a Private message I can put you in touch with a friend of mine who is an avid fly fisherman that fishes southern Alberta as he might be willing to put you in a direction to check out . Or any questions at all just shoot me a message . I will do what I can to assist you . Last year I guided a group of 3 men from Sweden , very nice group of gentlemen . And like I said earlier gave them the steps and information to get them to be successful in getting into some good fishing . But those were lakes .