Thread: Slave Lake Ice
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 12:25 AM
tuffyy

We have owned a Cabin at Shaws point since I was knee high.Fishing is super in the lake from the opener till about August,its still good after that but the need to move to deeper water to follow the eye's is required.I still love heading out to the Channel in the months of June and July and thankfully the water has been high enough to allow this in the last couple of years,we often find a deep hole in the channel and hook up with some of the large post spawn fish that have not moved out of the channel yet,we also seem to find alot of large perch in the channel aswell.Its nice to be able to park your boat in 5-6ft of water off the point or out in about 10-15ft towards little grassy and hook up.I still love those calm June evenings were you have a nice sunset and can count to 10 and have a fish on.Just be careful,I have seen far to many people who dont know the area wreck their boats over the years hitting some of the hidden dangers around the point.I know as a local I am always willing to help.