View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
I haven't been updated on the regional plan, hopefully Wayner will make the call as he is very concerned and wants to find a path to his desires.

But yes, WT population reduction is the goal for the purpose of starving wolves.

What pizzes me of is the government USING hunters without being open and honest about what and why they are doing these actions.

It took some digging to reveal that biologists were purposefully using licenced hunting to reduce moose and deer populations in a vast area for the purpose of wolf control under a plan based on an unproven theory.

When I have confronted F&W regarding this management plan, asking WHY they would take such action without informing the hunting community, telling them that I thought it was a disgraceful and deceitful move, all that I ever received was silence. I think they understood and were bare'assed.

I'm pretty sure most hunters don't mind being used as a management tool, but at least be honest with us with how we are going to be used.

We have a major problem in Alberta where the regional biologists are not accountable to F&W Policy, nor to the hunting community. No public record of management status, goals, plans and concerns are offered nor required.

This situation leads to issues such as what is happening here. I hope to see this change, there are reverberations within F&W to make this happen in due course. Having concerned hunters calling their regional bio and respectfully demanding full disclosure will help.
Thanks WB. I fully agree with your sentiments on this one.

If wolf population was the goal, I would think there are many more effective methods to do so.