View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Sundancefisher,

I have learned after buying a used tub that was working fine, apparently, when I bought it, that any repair on a hot tub is major.

I have a tub from Beachcomber. Learned that the control board (Balboa) is a proprietory model. New board only available from Beachcomber.

Basically, a licence to steal every time I take the pump / heater skid off to bring in to be worked on.

Had the heater go this spring and my son and I installed the new in line heater ourselves. A $100 part, but saved a lot of grief, considering they claimed to have done work on the heater the year before. You cannot work on the in line heater, you replace it.

Anyway, my son, his friends, my sister in law, my daughters, their friends, my Niece and her Boyfriend, my Nephew and his Partner, etc, etc, etc ............ ALL LOVE MY HOTTUB!!!

Boy, it sure is great being the facilitator, repairer, cleaner, polisher, and most of all Payor, for the great times enjoyed by everyone else!!!

YAY ME!

Drewski
Yup. Kids love it. I like it also. Relaxing when dark and the snow is falling. Hate that my glasses fog up though. Harder to see satellites and shooting stars.

I need to top the tub up every three or four weeks. Ours has the piping all foamed in so lucky me...can't repair pipe leaks. Did the short term liquid fix and it has slowed. Had a major pump leak failure also.

Tub also seems to settle at an angle towards the house. Not as bad since we moved it back from the house.

Lots of chemicals to add...I keep up on that also. I do wish homes had a storm drain pipe in the backyard. I hate putting all that bromine in the grass.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin