View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 PM

so things went well at the range....i have decided i need a few thigs though (the pics will make it very clear)...

#1 range finder.....hard to use the peep sites when you are pacing off and guestimating distances haha
#2 a better shooting rest..the sleeping mat box and sleeping bag left in the car were ok....but i think something more stable would be...well more stable haha.

we had targets at 100 and 250(could have been anywhere from 220-250......we had pacing disagreements haha). at the 250 marker there was also a 12 inch by 12 inch gong that my dad and i were both able to nail on our first tries at that distance. i think for my first time out witht h rifle and for peep sites i did ok.....i was using rem ammo and federals. both 180 grains and soft nose. i preferred the federals by a long shot.

enjoy:

notice the high tech rest and ear protection..ya ya i know i know..sorry we were a bit excited.....and in a rush

i was pleasantly surprised with this gun....the action is smooth and tight and the trigger breaks pretty crisp and clean

on closer inspection it seems that my grandfather shaped down the original stock and then added in the pistol grip...then stained it all to "match" my father did the checkering...and remembers it being a beast of a job.