View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 02:10 PM

get after it! it’s fun to tinker i shoot IW and other similar broadheads, resharpening them isn’t to hard and many different jigs out there to get you on your way, they come razor sharp aside from a minor touch up for hunting season you won’t need to do anything g major if you keep the broadheads in the foam.

have played with weights/inserts and different fletchings. i’m not good enough to shoot much of a difference. some differences forsure in fletching sizes at distance, taller seems to control better. i shoot a helical but many “pros” don’t seem to add a ton. i have the arizona ex-fletch. the bitz seems to be the choice fletching jig if you really want to do it all. obviously if you go way up or down in your point weight to the drop changes.

get a arrow spinner and end squaring tool to fix the wobble, is makes a major difference i found with accuracy.

like loading ammo or tying flies it’s fun to put the personal touch on your setup and i feel i have learned a lot with the overall process the last 18 months or so since i stopped shooting factory arrows.

learning to tune your bow i feel is major, you can do some adjustments with the rest but having your stuff shooting square and your arrows spinning true is the name of the game