Thread: Badger Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 02:29 PM

Thank you for this valuable information! Did you see any Lake whitefish on the Livescope? I am thinking of fishing for whitefish in this lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brovacs View Post
I've found the fishing to be generally slowing down over the last couple weeks as the mid winter lull sets in. Lots of small to medium pike around but the bite is not crazy aggressive or consistent. Fish seem to move in slow on the Livescope and stare at the bait for a while before deciding to commit or move along. Jig and minnow and the deadsticks are far out producing more active baits like spoons, swimbaits, rattlebaits etc. I've fished 15+ days between this year and last year and so far haven't caught or seen any really big pike on the Livescope or aqua vu set near big deadbait. Caught a 36.25 and a 34" last March but that's not really anything to write home about. The big ones are in there but they seem to be few and far between compared to 10-15 years ago.

Ice access from the north end or the boat launch is good and not much snow on the ice. Last weekend there was 17-20" of ice so plenty to drive on.