View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 08:25 AM

I am back and have pictures of the trip but my computer is down for the count so I will be posting back up here once it up and running. As for traveling with gear. I put everything under the plane in a hard case. I talked to several guys down there they all carried on there fishing rods. They won’t let you take any hooks whatsoever on a carry on don’t even try or you will loose them. Fishing this year was great from the surf, until they brought out the nets, luckily I left on the 26th of feb and the inshore netters showed up on the 27th. I had a buddy who was still down there we had been catching 7-15 fish in 30 minutes at first light the day the nets where put in he got one fish all morning.

To be warrend about the catsa web sight. Just because it says something is permitted as carryon or check doesn’t mean they won’t take it away from you. Those people have almost zero training and don’t know the rules really more than you or I if they have been told no fishing hooks on carry ons they won’t measure the hook size,they will just confiscate, and try argue with them is like talking to a wall. Most of them are minimum wage new Canadians that have never been outside the city and don’t even know what fishing is. They think fish at grown in the back of a supermarket then sold. For example I had a 12 volt sealed battery to run my fishfinder on my paddleboard, checked the catsa web sight eveything added up under 100 kw, it was sealed,I had taped the terminals and placed it in a reinforced box so it wouldn’t get crushed. Get to Mexico and it’s gone, replaced with a letter saying I had tried traveling with dangerous goods and the baggage people had confiscated the battery. So I had no battery for the trip that meant no fishfinder.

Last edited by raw outdoors; 03-10-2018 at 08:41 AM.