View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
Oh actually dont baby sit the centrifuges( we also have an onsite centrifuge hand that covers this) nor a floc tank which in our area is strictly for storing basically lateral liner displacement fluid. Our build floc water section in our Int. wells is floced right in the active mud tanks with polymer injection.

And pretty proud of your job title. Personally would hate to be tied to a phone with calgary and gladly choose the position im in. The extra $500/day approx that you get doesnt appeal to me for the added head aches and babysitting. And by many of the guys taking consulting jobs via strat programs these days its not the vastly experienced title that it once was back when I was roughnecking.
Like to see most of the guys sitting in these positions now drill a 6900m play in the Panther River area with the knowledge they carry. Be some scary watching!
Just like trapping, consulting there are some great knowledgeable guys out there then there is now a large numbers of guys just filling the roll being yes men phone jockeys for Calgary!!!

Pop me a PM anytime you wanna BS drilling. Just because one has drilling supervisor in there resume doesnt mean they are the only on with experience or most experience on the lease. You may have a ton of drilling knowledge but you may be surprised what others below you have as well
For a job you want nothing to do with you had no problem letting people think that's what your position was. I don't care what you actually do or not. You let on you were running the show, you are not.

I suggested buying a trapline to help with the problem you see out there in the foothills, this would be no problem if you were actually in the position you let on you were. But you have clarified that you in fact are not the one in charge or the one "babysitting the drilling rig". Again I really don't care what you do.

If I told people I was performing surgery earlier today, people would think I was a doctor. Not the guy who delivered the linens to the operating room.

Now back on topic. Although I agree with most of your views on hunting and wildlife management this "Screwing the pooch" comment about trappers I believe is way off line. I agree there are a few bad apples that paint a bad picture for some but I don't believe "trappers as a whole are falling down on the job" as you stated before. That would be like saying all outfitters are thieving poachers or all farmers are simple minded. Both groups have some of each, but it's definitely not a true representation of the whole group.

As many others have stated already you are more then welcome to join the trappers in helping with population control or devote all your free time to gunning down as many wolves as you see fit. Pointing fingers only leads to fingers eventually being pointed at you.