View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
What Fenwick rods do you prefer? I used to own one of the older walleye classic rods and HMG rods, but have not purchased one since then (15 years ago?) I have tried some of their stuff since then but never found anything I really liked.

I know rods can be a personal preference, I am just curious why you are such a fan of the Fenwick and what specific rods you like, I might have to give them another look. I own a couple of the Crucial rods and quite like them, but I am always open to look at something that is better!
Fenwick has nice products but they aren't my go to rod I was just saying for around the same price shimano doesn't hold a match to Fenwicks. The new hmg are really nice they aren't no Loomis but they are way better then shimanos. This isn't just my preference I know lots of people who think shimano makes awful rods.

and for around the same price you can get a lower end St. Croix which is also better then shimano and a little better then Fenwick. Also the shimano rods don't have "over the counter" warranty they will be sent to shimano just like other companies Fenwick, Loomis, St . Croix.

Just trying to help the op spend it all the reels and by other rods if you can't get Loomis with the prize.