View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucktaker View Post
never go out with out one. some day u will find out why nothing worse then not having a tag.
Yeah isnt that always the way it goes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
If your hunting and shooting skills are half proficiant (about the level mine are at) it doesnt take much of a gun to put down a moose. I think deer are more prone to running great distances than moose when greviously wounded. I had a moose go down on the spot and watch me walk up and give him a kill shot. While dressing him I couldnt help but notice that the first shot had merely broken his shoulders but had struck to far forward to hit anything. vital. A deer with two broken shoulders and a double lung hit that same season made it 30 yards befor he gave up the ghost. This is not to say that you can get away with being sloppy with any big game animal but merely intended to point out that moose for all their size are not as invincible as people who do not hunt them much seem to think. Shoot them right with anything but the smallest of deer callibers and they will die just the same.
yeah thats what ive learned from the forum and my friend who shot one last fall , shot it thought he missed went to reload and Thud done deal .Its really amazing . I know last year once I finally hit a deer lol horrible reminder , anyway lots of practise later im doin good now , He jumped double lung shot he was done , ran maybe 50 feet and not even a kick outta him . Ah well ill tell ya he was tastey .