View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Nope your confusing two separate thoughts, although maybe I wasn't as clear as I could be.

1. There were dark pieces of meat in the sausage, meat that didn't appear to be deer meat. Which would lead to the observation that there was something other than pork and deer in the sausage.
2. The sausage did not taste very good. Separate thought from above. It didn't taste like it was spoiled it just tasted...off, poor mixing of the spices or something. But the deer meat that was not sausaged tasted fine so it was definitely whatever was added to it. Have had his sausages in the past and they were great. Last year they weren't as good.

As a separate observation the back of the shop had about an inch of animal fat on the floor, and wild animal carcases stacked on top of each other from the floor to the ceiling of the fridge. I have seen much better care taken to store animals in a much more organized and sanitary conditions .

My point is that I had a bad experience in that he "lost" a bunch of my elk, and my buddy had a bad experience with the quality of his sausages. We have both used Rocky in the past, and found his stuff to be good, but I think when he gets busy the quality suffers, based on my experience and the experience of someone I know. I won't be going back there.
Hello gasman it's Rocky here. First off I totally appreciate your frustration and I apologize completely for our errors. I would like to note that my friends and customers know that if I make a mistake I certainly own it. I generally try to offer well over and above what my customer would expect. I usually make a generous offer but seriously let my customer know that they are free to ask for as much compensation that could come close to making them as satisfied as possible. If I did not convey this to you I am truly sorry.

With respect to the animals stacked to the ceiling and the grease on the floor...I can only say that at times we are indeed very busy and in order to save time we pull numerous animals out of the cooler at a time so that our cutting team can pick them from there and not waste precious time walking back and forth to the cooler. All animals removed from the cooler are expected to be completed with the next 2-3 hrs. The great floor well we are a small shop and move a lot of animals through one at a time so on any given day there is a lot of activity I assure you at the end of the day after all sausage is processed and animals cut our plant is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.

I feel terrible to hear about your friend not enjoying his product...I only wish he would have contacted me as this would fall under our compensation to make sure a customer is fully satisfied. Usually I tell each customer when they pick up to let me know how it is good bad or otherwise because this is how we can improve our consistency and quality. I sincerely mean that. I will say that indeed we did get a new piece of equipment and our mixing may have taken some getting used to since this machine offers mixing capabilities.

Lastly with there being dark pieces of meat throughout your sausage, since we do not pool meat as a strict rule this could be the dryer outside trimmings of meat. My cutters are expected to remove as much dry outer 'crust' as they can and possible they were not careful enough. Not that there is anything wrong with this 'crust' however it does look dark inside the sausage and that is the reason we remove it.

I would like to extend an offer for gift certificates that may be spent on store product or processing. If you like please contact me and I would like to ensure that even if you do not come back for processing you have been at least somewhat compensated enough that you are not left with a bad overall experience. Please extend this offer to your friend as well.

On one final note as we have grown over the last 4 seasons at a rate that is barely sustainable we are looking into finding a larger processing facility in order to prevent issues like this from being a regular occurrence.

Thanks and once again my deepest apologies for your last experience.

Sincerely,
Rocky

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk