Thread: Huskemaw Optics
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Banned

x2 all that, having owned one that sounds about right to me, couldn't fault it, the image quality didn't jump or pop at you like some can but it was still plenty good enough to get the job done and very repeatable turrets and the reticle with wind data on turret is money....she's a big scope though, i wouldn't put one on my backpacking gun but would work on everything else

i personally enjoyed setting up my own gun better and while i don't have a reticle for wind....my wind data is still on the scope, under the butler creek flip....in inches and looking at animal and holding inches is easy for me so i'm happy with my own leupy set ups but i did copy a lot of their ideas so to speak....its as simple as i could set it up to be hunting situation fast/friendly....i dial up with speed dial knob matching in yards just as they do...and as i said....my wind is on the scope....it just in inches and in relation to the animals i'm good at that sort of thing....instead of between the reticle and turret

i inquired with leupold at some point if i could get a windage marked duplex reticle made but it didn't look good as i'd love to copy what they do in a 4.5-14x40lr/mk4 etc. as i just don't like the big honkin fat scope, it was long time ago when i inquired, maybe leupy can do it now? maybe patents would hurt that? of course mil-dots would work but takes all the hunter simpleness out of it with too much busy...they really do have a great reticle for wind