View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houcheimi View Post
Would you prefer Wizard or Coal for bigger pike? Never been to either, but would save a lot of time instead of going to Lac La Biche.
Also which has less weeds and easier to access?

Thank you
Not sure where either of those lakes are at this point, in the past Coal Lake produced some huge pike and I favored it over Wizard. By the time I left the city it had been fished out and the water levels had dropped pretty low. With the current pike regulations and some wetter years it might be doing better now. If that's the case then I'd say Coal, but you'd have to talk to someone with more current info.

The biggest pike I ever caught was out of Coal and it was 22 lbs, I caught it in shallow water on a topwater plug, because he couldn't go down he went up... lots. Sounded like a fat dude doing doing belly flops... my heart was in my throat the whole 40 minuits it took to land him on 12 lb line. No matter how many big fish I catch that fish will always be a really vivid memory for me.

Last edited by Bushleague; 06-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.