View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:48 PM

Looks like the lake just opened. The holes that sometimes form in late December / early January happened again this year. I have my theories.

Now just need a light weight big tent until I can safety pull my sled tent. Or see the weather warm back up. I can have guests join me like in past years however for health reasons I will need to fish in a tent with a heater this winter unless it warms up.

Looks like there will be lots of trout biting also. Rainbows to 22 inch. Brooks and browns to 16 inch.

Looks like we have a high percentage of perch in the 8 inch range however lower catch rates. Perch catch rates impacted by reduced population and higher food availability. Just need to fish smarter. Lighter lines. Smaller hooks. The right bait. Eyeballs, maggots, mealworms. In that order.

Should be a very interesting ice fishing season.

Right lines everyone.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin