View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 07:16 PM

I suspect that the laws can be changed. Were treaties signed before there were provincial Parks or national parks? They were changed to accommodate these new parks. Somewhere, somehow, sometime, someone came to the realization that it can't be a free for all everywhere.
I can tell you that I have many friends that are treaty Indians and I have lived on disputed lands(not yet a reserve) with treaty Indians. There are all kinds of attitudes you will find there. I did find that when you can just shoot another moose tomorrow, the ones in your truck aren't all that valued. When you spend a long July day shooting and gutting moose and loading them in the truck. Then make a stop or two to visit a couple of friends the last thing that you want to do is unload those moose and hang them up. That would be difficult for anyone. It is hard to imagine but think of it this way, if groceries were free it wouldn't be as much of a priority to unload them and put them away. Some would spoil, no big deal. Get more tomorrow. Evidence of this is at my wedding I payed for all of the drinks for all of the guests and if you have ever done this before you will know how many just open beer and full drinks you throw out the next day.
Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is [hu]man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.
I'm not sure if the qualifys me for "banned camp" but if so, it's been good to know ya 😢