View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
I was recently in Rupert. There was lotsa fires south of Prince George, but they were nowhere near Hwy16, not even remotely close. Didn't even see smoke on the trip, was 3 weeks ago.

I think a lot of the answer the the original question is who you go with, not where you go. I went to Hardy a couple years ago with some outfit, they took us for a nice boat ride and took our money, didn't go more than 7 miles from town. We caught a couple 2 chinooks and a couple cohos like 5 in two days. One teeny Hali, one other lost cuz the guide was busy telling us stories about himself while his gaff was hooked around the line, having a gaffing time out while the fish was on the surface. I was hoping to go with Serengeti instead but he had no openings. Had I gone with them for an hour we would have had more fish than two days with the other outfit.

Obviously seeing the Serengeti threads, Hardy is a good place, but had you only gone with the goofy outfit and not knowing a good fisher, you would have thought Hardy was just some run of the mill place and no world class fishery existed there.

I suspect there are good fishers and bad and ugly no matter where you go. Some guys are exceptional fishers, motivated to boot. Find him and you win... barring what "nature" throws at you.
Come with me Marty. Let's go to Rupert!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....