View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclund1946 View Post
This is how I set the 162 A-Max up in my Rem 700- V. I used a Neck Sized Remington Case and a CCIBR2 primer with the bullet seated about 30 thou off the lands. I did not fit in my magazine but 47.0 grains if H 4350 just filled the case and the Velocity was 2750 fps @ 10 Celsius and 2777 fps @ 20 degrees.

[IMG][/IMG]

It did quite well when I first shot it at 600 yards if you consider this group was shot from the bipod off of a picnic table. My ballistics calculator got me close enough to the bullseye that 1 click to the right and a moose wouldn't stand a chance.

I haven't had the opportunity to see if the 162 ELD Match bullet fits the same. Unfortunately, if the measurements I got from a friend are correct, the 162 grain ELD-X bullet does not fit the same. However it should still do quite well at 2600 fps which should be easy to get and it fits in his magazine.
[IMG][/IMG]
That'll work!

I'm in the same boat. It'll be a little while before I try out the 162 ELD/ELD-X, as I still have a shelf full of the 162AM I need to whistle through before I go looking for something else. I may even give the 180 ELD a go if the form factor warrants it. I'm thinking close to 2600 fps should be do-able.