View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
That was the best effort I've seen all year in terms of being physical, winning battles, and owning their ice. They owned the front of their net, and that has NOT been the case on far too many nights. This team is now not only about elite skill, they're big, and they're nasty, and that means LA's game plan is no longer anywhere near as effective.

I hate the LA trap grame, and you can tell the Oilers do too, it's sooo boring and frustrating. They force you to change your game and play their style. Combined with them being the more physical team until now, I think it's why they've been such a tough out for the Oilers and why they were the team from the Pacific that I least wanted the Oilers to face in the playoffs. If the Oilers continue to get the goaltending, stick to the plan, and play the patient physical game they played last night, I have faith that their elite talent will get them past the Kings in a playoff round.
Trap hockey is awful, I completely agree. The Oil basically have to catch LA on a powerplay to get one early or manage to break through like Yamo did last night, and then the game starts to open up—much to the advantage of the Oil.

I really, really hope we can push VGK out of top spot. Let them and LA hack, slash and pick each other for a series while the Oil blast apart the Kraken.