View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 01:24 PM

With all the talk about draw implementation being tossed about on this thread would it only be in the southern or central WMU's where its already inevitable due to population growth and the increased pressures associated with it?

This year for the 12 days I had at the end of November seemed to have a increase of road warriors and people who dont understand the concept of private property but as always walk 100 yards off the road or into the bush by the river a person is alone.

Parked and walked a good strech of both the sand and beaver rivers (local area) and never seen any evidence of any one else out there...the same held true for scouting in September, walked a good portion of the river in prime moose habitat seen animals and found good amount of sighn.

But did not find any tree stands, shooting lanes, ground blinds, or even human tracks along the river or on the trails.

I think as stated you will get a influx of people trying it with a x bow, but the whole walking and patience part will turn them off.

If they have not got into archery and the techniques associated with it by now a x bow wont do it.

Edit. Just relating what I see and know of my little corner of the province, don't know how it relates to the rest of Alberta or the more pressured WMU's closer to the urban areas..

Last edited by IR_mike; 12-17-2010 at 01:37 PM.