View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah-Tall View Post
I'll have to politely disagree. You need energy to get the arrow to the animal. And then you need more energy to get the arrow to penetrate, which is a transfer of energy. I would doubt that your arrow would kill as good as a centerfire if your quarry was 400 yards away. Unless you had enough energy to get the arrow to the target and penetrate. Holes kill, but you need the energy to make the hole.
So, after 8 pages of nonsense, you need both to kill an animal.
Not sure I'd call it 8 pages of nonsense. There has been a lot of great info shared here and some great links to pertinent studies. Other than a few looking to create drama, most posters have stuck to the subject from what I've seen. I know I've learned a lot. You make a good point about energy delivering the projectile so it that vein, energy does aid in the kill but I'd say that's typically where it ends. Talk of hydrostatic shock shock and such is little more than myth.

I must say you sound a lot like our old buddy sniper but hopefully you prove me wrong but I doubt it. It's sad that some posters come to this site just to cause chaos and then keep crawling back despite being banned several times over........I guess soap operas on TV aren't enough for some. Clever play on words for your name though. Think you've had a couple similar, however.

Last edited by sheephunter; 05-26-2010 at 09:14 PM.