View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
I have been shooting moose for 60 years. When calling and get the moose answering and stopping to rake and smash small trees, it sure gets the heart pumping. You only realize how big they can be when it comes to gutting and packing, at the shoulder they are taller than than you are. I hope you get to call in several, it is still exciting, even after having seen many. Be ready some come in they are looking for a fight or a love partner.
Man, every time I think about that it’s actually going to happen I get goose bumps. 55 years of wanting, 3 years of planning, and now it’s almost here. I’ll only get one chance to do this (unless I hit the lottery LOL) so I gotta get it right. Leave nothing on the table. Figure out how to video record it, take photos of it, chronicle the whole trip… that’s a lot of choreography. I was hoping that a buddy of mine would come along to record it all, but I think that the thought of doing 8 nights in the woods has him scared. Too bad as I think this is going to be AMAZING.