View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 01:19 PM

Default Please be considerate

I was at Hopewell yesterday and was more that a little annoyed with what I observed. The property surrounding the area has numerous acreages and homes and as result it all heavily posted. As I arrived I saw two groups of hunters using their dogs to try to flush pheasants that were feeding in the stubble in the land that was posted. After there were unsuccessful they kept patrolling the road. I assume they were hoping that they could find one in the ditch. While what they were doing may have been 'technically legal since they didn't enter the posted land, but was it the smart or right thing to do. It seems to be very selfish and short sighted. I think we have to be really aware of negative relations this is going to cause with the public.
I feel we are really fortunate to have Hopewell within a short distance of Calgary. It a great place to hunt, or even just run your dog when the birds have been shot out. However, if we continue to abuse this privilege and foster bad relations with the residents of area, I'm afraid we'll loose this opportunity.

So you don't see any birds, or you didn't get your limit, big deal!!!! The fun should come from the experience, and I don't think worth p*&&ing off the public so you can bring a bird home. IMO its just not worth it!

I'll end my rant....