Thread: Best Trap gun?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Perazzi , ( spelling might be iffy ) single barrel , is the only way to go .
Perazzi are high end competition guns, and very expensive. There are many good competition guns on the market these days, and Perazzi is just one of them.

As far as being the only way to go, single barrel trap guns are presently very popular in US trapshooting, but that doesn't mean "it's the only way to go", nor does it mean they are the best- it just means that right now they are very popular. I prefer double barreled guns over singles, because I don't have to change guns (and point of impact) to shoot doubles. I would strongly recommend AGAINST any beginner even thinking of a single barreled gun, as a first gun.

Autos have many inherent advantages for the beginner, and serious shooter, including ease of stock adjustment and point of impact, LOW RECOIL, and the ability to participate in all games with a single gun. Good ones are easy to maintain and are not overly expensive.

Lastly, if you are considering an auto, don't look any further than a Beretta, they ARE the best and there are many models suitable for your intended purpose. There isn't enough space here to list the advantages of a Beretta over EVERY other auto made today, so I'll leave it at that.