View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
I got in right away at 9 AM and it went to a confirmation page after I paid the $3. to apply for each undersubscribed draw but advised me to check back in 24 hours to see if we were successful. On here I am reading "they were all gone by the time I got in or we got such and such"

How would one application result in a successful application for undersubscribed and we were told to check back in 24 hours. I thought the list was only updated once at night so how does anyone know so early today that some tags are sold out already.??

I imagine they could have underestimated the total volume they were going to get at 9 am? I was able to get through. Now I'm not 100% sure, but I'm guessing the system is mostly computerized now. Therefore, they can tell relatively quickly, what sort of numbers they have left. Now with the whole system, maybe being pushed, the system slowed right down. Therefore, multiple people that were getting through, were also purchasing the "same" allocated tags, at the "same" time. Maybe this is why you received that 24 hour notice? I also do think that they have to upgrade the system soon. Wait until tonight to see what sort of feedback we're going to here from everyone else. Something has to be addressed in my opinion.