View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 11:33 AM

Lots of surfaces for an empty cartridge to bounce off inside a vehicle. Having never shot a Tokarev I don't know what usual direction and with what kind of force they eject their spent casings, and with the weird manner in which this one discharged that would have been a different manner than normal anyways. I do know however that I have had to urgently remove hot pistol casings after they bounced into my chest and down my shirt at the range, frequently from adjacent shooters rather than the pistol I was shooting, but both apply. Reading up on the pistol it seem to be a rather hot round with some substantial velocity in the 1400fps range (of course when its functioning properly, that is).

As for Cement Bench, the new poster so far has been polite and well written, I think your request for them to be banned is more than a little premature. Take note they even mentioned they might have taken the same course of action as Stanley if faced with such a rapidly developing situation. To date, they've only displayed reasonable behaviour, contrasting your most recent rude post. Also note that their description of a firearms mechanics mean they could not possibly be anti-gunners, because those people never get their mechanics and terminology correct!

About the only possibility for someone knowing both the mechanics and being an anti would be someone with the RCMP firearms lab, but the case having been through the courts would not give such a person a reason to bother with further investigation, unless it was solely to satisfy their personal curiosity.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 03-04-2018 at 11:41 AM.