View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Lol no just my own lame personal opinion. Can’t you already hunt with a crossbow due to disability and a permit?

LC
No Lefty .. I don't have a severe permanent injury, nor a permit.
Here's where I'm coming from :
I'm a geriatric .. 78 yrs old. I have been actively involved with various Conservation groups since in my 20's and hunted with Archery tackle and Firearms since that time until recently.
At this stage of my life, although my general health is fortunately very good, I find that my muscle tone has deteriorated with the calendar. Minor aches and pains make it very uncomfortable to draw my bow at my preferred draw weight and maintain the practice regimen that I feel is necessary to remain competent with a Compound or Trad Bow. There are no permits available for this predicament and I'm not prepared to throw myself under a bus in order to sustain the injuries required for a X-Bow permit
My preference would be to use a X-Bow during the regular Archery season in areas when and where I choose to hunt ... just like yourself and the others in your camp. The backward rationale brought forward by you and other members of the ABA lobby are messing up my Cornflakes and disallowing many of us to enjoy the exact same opportunities you have. What you guys are afraid of remains a mystery.