Thread: Banning C&R
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
As long as people are fishing legally, who cares, really, who cares? I release about 95% of the fish I catch but, that doesn't make me better than other anglers fishing within the law. If you don't like the law, then do something to change it. Seems like people think cryin on these forums fixes things, well, here's a news flash Walter Cronkite, it don't! Not everyone fishes for sport, just like lots of hunters hunt for food. Does that make them wrong? Because people ain't like you, you're gonna say their wrong? Time to get outta the hotbox bud!
I agree with the OP on his stance of C&R being legal. I'm sure some C&R fish do die from stress or injury, but i think most anglers try to release as quickly and properly as they can.
I think wild missed some of the point. OP did not suggest keeping fish for food if you want to and it is legal. He is arguing about having to stop fishing completly once you have caught your legal limit. He would prefer to keep fishing C&R.
I disagree with Wild about how some laws can be changed. If enough threads and posts on this forum coupled with a few phone calls about a regulation that makes no logical sense (like the Burbot reg), then regs or policies can sometimes be changed.