View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Same applies to hunters so what he have to do is join forces with groups that have similar interests, such as torism, water users that sort of thing.

I'm assuming that groups that want to keep the water levels up will enhance the fishery.

I can't think of any competing interests that are opposed to ours. I agree this is not a partisan issue.

Have we got suggestions that we can put forward to the politicians. The ideal suggestion, is free, easy to do and that you can blame the other political party for not doing.
Yup hunters are also divided into multiple groups hence why they are getting no where. Hunters are a horrible example of in fighting and throwing their own under the bus well fighting over scraps

Really you want representation that is fishing only if you are tackling fisheries related issues but you need it to represent fishing as a whole. It cannot be fly fishing focused, C&R only, or primarily focused on a species here in Alberta

Yes there is species specific and special interest fishing groups that are successful but there is not that culture here in Alberta.

But this is a waste of typing because the effort for change and willingness to approach things realistically is lacking