View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 05:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBias View Post
Kinda swerving in your lane there buddy, but i suppose i didnt quite specify very well. What i meant is if one is hunting coyotes with intention to bring to market on crown, possibly in an area that is a resisted line, would this potentially ruffle feathers from other trappers?

I passed my trappers course last winter, and plan on resident trapping. I own land that i can trap, plus have lots of land owner family that will let me trap. I am aware of the WA 19A, and will be getting them filled out. I am very green to trapping, I am the first to admit that. I am however experienced in calling coyotes, and have had success with wolf hunting on both private/public land. I was told in the course to account for all fur to be brought to market, harvest methods and locations. So this tells me that the WA 19A backs up the fur taken on private land, but was wondering if i need documentation to market fur taken(via hunting) on crown. I have looked into the regs, and wouldn't act solely on the advice given on a forum. Asking questions on this forum is usually a good start to research, seeing as the amount of experience here is vast. Thank you all that replied.
The fur buyer will ask for a valid trappers license, that is all the documentation he requires.

If you are hunting on a registered trap line, there could be issues with the holder of that line whether you are legal or not.
He makes his living off that line, you do not.

A reasonable man would consider that before doing any hunting.

What the legalities are with regards to coyotes and hunting them on a registered line I do not know nor am I interested in looking it up.
That information will be in the regulations.

George Bernard Shaw