View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
I see the highlighted statement a lot and I can understand it for long range shooting (over 600 yards). You did not stipulate if you were long range target shooting or hunting, I think it matters. When hunting where I believe most shots to be under 300 yards or less I don't think the statement is valid.

For example with an 800 rifle and a 400.00 scope getting moa or slightly less how much more potential is your hunting rifle going to get if you put an 800 scope on it?
Like i said accuracy potential. In most hunting circumstances acceptable might be a couple inches at say 150 yards. ( Im just using this as an example). You can attain that accuracy with quite low end scopes. If you want to hunt at longer distances or shoot paper for accuracy that same scope most likely wont do the job.
Not to mention you owe it to the animal to make shot placement in a spot to make an ethical kill.
Even a shorter distances having more magnification to be able to really rifine your point of aim is what I like.

I have a 24 power simmons on a 22-250 cheap scope. But it sits on an axis.
My point is this. Most modern rifles are capable of more accuracy than the shooter. The scope enhances your aim . Why not spend at least as much on it.?
I wont buy a scope without parallax adjustment