View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshaw View Post
I would like to hear the full story of the hunt on this deer. I have found a couple wounded dead deer over the years (one an arrow in the guts and one a bullet in the guts). Phoned fish and wildlife, they came and looked at both kills and determined that I could keep the horns (and capes). I never heard who shot the bullet buck but I did find out that the arrow buck was shot at 90 yards from a person who had no business shooting that far. I never told him I had the buck and I never felt bad about it. Point is that if I found the OP's buck I would show him if it was an ethical shot, and everything was done to recover it. I would still keep the antlers. But i've heard so many stories on this buck, everything from 110 yard facing away shots and tracking and pushing him for miles, to a good hunt that just had some bad luck. I would like to hear the real story.
Why would you want to keep an animal's antlers and cape if the only reason you had it, was that you were lucky enough to stumble upon it? Do you actually have that found animal mounted up on the wall?

And your definition of ethical may vary from another person's definition of ethical. That's the thing about ethics, they are different for everyone.