View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nait Hadya View Post
it depends upon his setup. approximately 260 fps at 100 yards which is much faster than most recurves and a lot of compounds. kenetic energy is still sufficient. even at 117 meters it would still have approx 250 fps much more than any flat bow? time to the target may be 2 seconds and resting animal unspoked by the sound of the shot would probably knot know what hit him. it would be unkind to lump everyones archery skills into a melting pot and reduce it to the lowest common denominator. suffice to say, there are some that are just that good.
Recurves at long range never entered my mind, I was simply stating that my recurves and long bows are NOT decent long range archery equipment - even though Howard Hill did shot an elk and a crazy distance .
Id a person wanted to get into long range shooting theye would certainly have to cut down the time of flight, and the only way to do that would be with a very fast compound.
Cat