View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 01:09 AM

At the end of the day it's not how far you can shoot them it's how close you can get them. Personally I have no problem shooting any target, live or foam out to 80yrds. Doesn't mean I'm gonna take the shot. My adrenaline seems to only kick in after the arrow is released. I have taken mule deer as far as 70 and as close as 8. Both times I KNEW I was going to make that shot and both animals had complete pass throughs. It's the ability of the hunter to know his limitations based on a combination of skill level, equipment ability, and experience. However I don't know anyone who has the equipment or skill level to consistantly make kill shots at 117 yards. I think someone was just telling a fish story. This year I plan on taking a sheep with a bow, have already killed 2 with a rifle, I'm fully prepared to take one at 80 yards. Personally I think that's pretty close to a big horn. I sincerely hope I only have to shoot him at 30. But I'm also not going to push the envelope and make a hail Mary for the sake of killing a sheep with a bow, I'm happy to go home with nothing.