View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
But those who own full auto can't sell them, or trade them or will them to their kids. And there has not been any licensing for full auto in many years, and most likely never will be again. Once those who currently have full auto die off, so does the full auto in civilian hands. And there is no place one can take their current legally owned full auto to shoot anymore.

Bottom line, like you say, is the government does not trust us.

How long until they take away the next type of rifle just because of it's looks, or heritage? And none of this has saved any lives, nor affects the criminal element.
True.

It pizzes me off because society trusted old men and young boys more when I was a kid than they trust me...in my middle years with a secret security clearance, no criminal record, 28 years of national service and a license to work with gaseous cyanide.

What happened?

I have no issue with licenses or training but if a person gets all the ticks in the box... there is no reason to stop them from owning something and no reason to start raising the bar higher than it is.

I do not care to own one of the rifles in question but... why shouldn't I if I wish to?

What more do I need to do to prove that I am trustworthy?

40 years ago we could hop in a truck with gramps and go to any range or safe place and have at it with whatever he salvaged off of a dead Nazi and everythung was hunky dory.
Now... there is no place to shoot them and the rael fun ones will be turned into scrap within the next few years.

Once that happens what is next?

All semi's... anything with a magazine?