View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Far from just a switch , my 270 has a two position switch safe and fire. It in no manner can be converted to any thing but its single fire configuration. Pay attention im no newb notice ten parts away. thats key as I dont know that rifle. However I know some about how easy most are to convert .
Sg 550 rotating bolt gas opreated slect fire rifle , now this bit is key → cyclic rate 700 rpm .
Canadian variant semi auto.
See, do you guy get that cause thats how the book calls it, that is its proper classification.
Shaking my head. Go and sit this one out. Don't cry when they come for your semi after the dust settles. Partner, all semis could be converted if you redesigned the internal parts ("10 parts" or less). If you gave an industrious guy who can opperate a mill or lathe some time. In the case of the 858s the "selecter" is NOT even cut to accept FA parts. I've seen worn semis (never designed to fire FA) go three shot burst due to slam fire. This decision is strictly a tecnicallity. Recievers that were machined on the same line but NEVER assembled as a FA were used to build rifles, BUT purpose made SA parts were used. In the case of the 858, they even modified the reciever by welding in blocks and fill welding cut outs to ENSURE the rifle would NOT accept FA parts. Don't kid youself here. All firearms and their owners are in trouble. The point is not the cause but now the effect.