View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Fantastic thread!

After reading one of the Blackfoot creation stories of Na'api
(Apologies if I misspelled) I set out to explore the base of Thunder Mountain.

The story tells that the creator 'the Old Man' transformed himself into a lodge pole pine and rooted himself along the steep banks of the river so he could use the river as his eyes to survey the entire domaine he created. The Gap area supposedly has significant importance to some native groups.
When you pass through The Gap, you can't help but feel that there's something about that area.....

After I scaled the scree slopes to get to the mountain base proper, I found several small cave like structures carved into the Rock.
Aparently these may still be ol spirit quest places that the natives used.

Very neat to see.
Very interesting. I do believe there are places in Alberta that have very powerful feelings attached to them.

There is a place on the west side of Kananaskis lake, high up on the slopes where there are very old petroglyphs on a cliff face, that are too high too reach by a person. Supposedly a very deep presence there.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets