View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 AM

Default shooting

That deffintly is one way to back up what your claiming to do,post some pictures, not sure if you have hunted much or shot much stinker, but you really need to take the things these guys say into consideration and use them in the field, they've been around and it comes from experience. and if your going to take the chance at a squeeker ram for your first one and shoot it out past 300 i pray to god you have a damn good eye for judging rams, it takes alot of experience to judge a legal ram and if your wrong by 1/4 inch, ill guarntee your gonna pay the price. 300 yards or less for us guys that havent killed sheep before, its just not worth taking a longer shot.
ive guided ram hunters and have judged a few rams, legal and not legal,guided 5 billy goats and shot one myself,and i still would never shoot out past 300 in the mountains until i had the confidence in my shooting and rifles and EXPERIENCE, there is a few guys here that would take the shot,and make it, like nube, but he has been around for a long time and lives in the hills.
All this info is deffintly getting stored upstairs for my upcoming sheep hunts, hopefully it is for you too.