View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 03:12 AM

Default Technology Afield

Hello Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum!

Curiousity as per peoples interest in bringing technology afield has birthed this thread. I have very much enjoyed my time here on Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum. It is a pleasure to exchange information/opinion and converse upon topics of interest with you.

Going about the site, threads wherein folks say they do not see enough pictures of game (thus potentialy indicating that many do not bring technology afield perhaps? I am aware there were issues with posters being attacked for their image posts but I never did figure our kind for the type to be pushed around) along with other threads that appear to be created in the field during Hunts are read.

Personally I have yet to bring any electronic technology with me on a Hunt: not a camera, not a satelite phone/SPOT, GPS... Nada tecnologia senior. I do not use nor care for trail cams either.

Considering the reasons behind these sentiments, often feeling overwhelmed by all the modern technology in effect in our daily lives came to the fore however; being here on the internet at this time, it is not like I am in strong opposition to it.

Yet there are times where one wishes they were born before all the recent changes in Human history that have drastically transformed our world ran rampant. You know, doing everything physically and traversing untouched wilderness on horseback with little to no governemnt controls placed on me. As such I enjoy being alone in nature and without electronics for the most part.

I was thinking about this and about perhaps bringing a camera out in a future season for some nature/wildlife photograghy attempts. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad idea one day? Though I do not own a cell phone nor camera of my own as of this writing.

Do you bring technology afield with you?

If yes, what is your rationale for doing so?

Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 09-14-2013 at 03:18 AM.