Thread: rod warranties
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Maybe people should learn to look after their stuff, and take responsibility. Cannot think of another product that has such a stupid warranty. A rod should never wear out, so basically the Co. looks after you till you die, insanity.
Lots of other products have warranty like that. Bass pro socks, Canadian tire tools as well as princess auto and lots of other tool companies actually. Those are just a few that I know of but I know of lots that I have heard of and don’t use so don’t remember. I believe MEC has a pretty good warranty. If a company uses it to sell a product and they make lots of money and are a successful company how can you say it’s a stupid idea. It’s a great way to get happy customers that will do your advertising for you. How many threads on here have happy tfo customers telling other people to buy the product. Pretty smart if you ask me. I’ve personally bought 3 tfo rods and because of the warranty and customer service I have convinced several people to buy multiple rods of theirs. I get nothing from it other than I’m a satisfied customer. And yes I have lost the top section of a rod because I didn’t have it on tight enough an never noticed it fell off until it was too late. They replaced it. I also had another rod leaning on my car and as I shut the door it slid down into the door. I learnt a lesson and lost an expensive rod to a stupid mistake. That rod had no warranty so I now buy rods with good warranty for human stupidity. If they offer it why not buy into it. It’s just part of selling a good product.