View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Ok I do admit I get a chuckle when guys are discussing what calibers to buy. Invariably, the old "availability of ammo" argument pops up as the sure fire reason why to avoid/purchase a particular firearm.

Honest question. Has anyone actually been in a situation where they needed Bob's Hardware Store to have their caliber sitting on the shelf? Any real world emergencies or is this a fallacy?

I do lock all of my firearms/ammo cases with combo locks. I can imagine myself losing a key. But leaving ammo at home? I dunno...
Some years back one of my hunting partner's forgot to bring his ammo. He had 3 rounds with him. He shoots a 6.5 and we shoot .30 cal's (.300 Savage and .308) so he was SOL cause you couldn't find his ammo at the local store.

His response at the time was, "I only have 3 tags so I really only need 3 rounds" We still laugh about it. But the next year I made everybody give me a box of their ammo which I put in a locking ammo can that stays in my truck for the duration of our annual hunting trip out west. I also put a box of my ammo in my hunting partner's truck.......just in case.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***