View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Just apply to all the lodges. I worked for 5 summers as a guide. 3 years at Great Bear, 1 year at Great Slave and Lake Athabasca. Days are long and in my opinion grueling at times. They can be long when the fish are not cooperating and the weather sucks. After hours you just rest and hang out. I read alot which I enjoyed. I went out fishing a few times a week but as the season goes on that will slow down. I guided on monster water but I generally took clients to different spots. Save the better spots for later in the week so you can get Greased good ( tips ) 300 average a week. I dont know about salaries now a days. I would think 100 bucks a day might be the going rate so dont plan on getting rich doing it. I liked having my own gear. Often clients leave you with stuff so your pretty heavy leaving after 8 or 9 weeks. What can I say it was a great expeierence. I got to spend a half a day with former US president bush, sather, harry sinden, bettman, Mike Harris and the list goes on. Its truly an experience of a lifetime and the memories are life lasting....