Thread: Sunday hunting
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 06:51 PM

I’d like to weigh in on this. My work schedule is Tuesday to Saturday so Sunday Monday are my days off. And I hunt mule deer in 160. So the current Wednesday to Saturday thing really is tough for me. Thankfully I am able to use vacation time on a whim to go hunting when it’s good, so that works. I wish I had more choices on the days but whatever it is what it is.

I think we should be allowed to hunt on any day, and if we want to restrict hunter quantity we should use a draw system in those areas. So no more general white tail. And I’m sure that’s a wildly unpopular idea too. But based on my hunts in the areas I have permission in 160 it’s a zoo on a Saturday, so many hunters concentrated in the area.

As for landowners I have a few good relationships and i always physically stop in and say hi before applying for draws. My hunting party spreads our draws so we are there every year and the stories I hear of how rude some hunters are to them is shocking. Showing up in the summer and having a conversation on things and asking before the season has us as “oh absolutely” for permission. We also park our truck and walk; amazing how many refuse to get out of the truck out there.

So if you read this far I think the problems come back to hunters who behave poorly and ruin it for the rest of us. We gotta fix that before we can really make a solid argument to opening up more days to hunt in the 100’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk